Monday, July 21, 2014

Christmas in July Mystery CAL: Part 1

Those who follow us on any of our social media sites, including this blog, may remember me telling you on Saturday about the Christmas in July Mystery Crochet-Along I'm participating in .  The CAL is being hosted by Design Wars and A Crocheted Simplicity.  There's still time to pick up the pattern and join here if you're interested.

The pattern was updated yesterday to add Part 1.  I jumped right in and got started.  Let me tell you that I am clueless as to what the end product is going to be.  LOL  Here's what my completed Part 1 looks like: 

The pattern may seem a little too much for those who are beginners - but then again, Jennifer has the pattern listed as being for Advanced Beginners/Intermediate crocheters.  Part 1 was not challenging or difficult so much as there were quite a few lines that were similar but just different enough that I needed to keep a close watch on what I was doing.  I was more surprised that it took half the day to finish this one piece. 

Part 2 will update on Tuesday, though it will be later day before I get to start working on it... I'm so excited to see what is still to come, and even more excited to figure out what the final product will be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment