Saturday, January 5, 2013

365 Project: Granny Style

In past years, I have unsuccessfully attempted to complete a 365 Project. For this project, you choose to do one thing everyday for an entire year.  In both 2009 and 2012, I attempted to do this project with photography.  While it may sound like an easy challenge, I promise you that it is anything but easy.

For 2013, I have may the decision to try completing one granny square or other granny motif each day.  I'm still going back and forth with what to do with the squares, though I'm leaning toward assembling each month's squares into a blanket, resulting in 12 afghans at the end of the year if I'm successful.  

One thing I've learned from trying this project with photography, is that you have to be prepared for whatever may come up.  That means I'll be planning my squares ahead of time so I have a general idea of how much time I may need each day.  The squares and motifs will vary in size and difficulty level so no one gets bored - meaning me or those of you following me on this journey.
I hadn't planned to do it as a crochet along throughout the year, though I have started to rethink that.  I am thinking that later on in the year I may list an entire month of squares that I will be working on, along with links where you can find the squares, and offer it as a CAL for those who want to play along.

If you are doing your own 365 Project, crochet-related or not, please post your link in our comments section.  We'd love to follow along and see how you're doing.  This project is more successful if you have people cheering you on along the way.

Now, on to the fun stuff...  I have completed the squares for January 1st thru 4th so far (the 5th will be started after I finish typing this) and wanted to share photos for you to see.  I'll be posting about the project at least a couple of times each week.  We also have a page on this blog where you'll be able to see the pictures of each square, along with the info pertaining to it.

JANUARY 1, 2013
New Year's Eve
By Sherry Welch of Heartmade Blessings
JANUARY 2, 2013
Open Cross
By Aurora S. of DragonFly Mom of 2 Designs

JANUARY 3, 2013
Monkey in the Middle
By Donna Kay Lacey


JANUARY 4, 2013
Kingfield
By Julie A. Bolduc of JPF Crochet Club

No comments:

Post a Comment