Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day on the Gulf Coast

I know that to the majority of our friends and fans, a snow day is not a big deal.  But here on the Alabama Gulf Coast (we live 30 minutes north of the beach), a snow (or ice) day is HUGE!  Most of the kids in this area have never seen snow - and even a few of the adults.  I was born in West Virginia, so seeing snow is nothing new to me, but I've been in the South for 24 years. It's been a long time. 

The day started with icy rain and sleet...



...but as the day progressed, we finally saw snow!!
 
 
 
 
We had a great time playing and having some family time - and it was the first time in years I've had both my hubby and the kids home all day for my birthday.  That meant I had nothing to do (my hubby always spoils me on my birthday) and he even made me a homemade cheesecake - raspberry swirled and topped with ganache, fresh raspberry puree, and homemade whipped cream.
 

 
And this was what it still looked like this morning - the difference is that now, even though it looks soft, everything is frozen solid.

 
 
Of course I had LOTS of time to crochet - I wrapped up my 2nd square for the Moogly CAL and even started writing a new pattern.  I'll post about those within the next couple of days so stay tuned...
 
~ Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment