Thursday, January 9, 2014

Moogly Afghan Crochet-Along

Last year I attempted a project to create a different Granny Square.  The plan was to do one each day for the entire year - yeah, it didn't even come close to happening.  LOL  I've been wanting to try another year long project but wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  I did know, however, that I didn't want to take on something that was going to consume a ton of time.

Behold... MOOGLY has resolved my problem.  Moogly just kicked off an Afghan Crochet-Along.  Every other Thursday from January through November, they will be posting a link to a mystery square.  The squares will be 12" and in the end, there will be enough to make a 4x6' afghan (with a little extra once you join and add a border). 

That's it - there are no rules, no color or yarn requirements, and it's FREE (yes, we love that word here at the Hooking Housewives). 

Sooooooo... the first square was linked up yesterday.  I'll work it over the next few days and will track my own progress here with pictures.  I never make anything for myself so I figure this may be a fun way to do it. If you want to join us, you can see the full post from here.  And if you decide to participate, feel free to share your pictures with the Housewives as well as Moogly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment