Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pattern Review: Killer Dishcloths

One of my customers ordered some dishcloths but had no particular design in mind.  I took advantage of the moment to try out the new Killer Dishcloth pattern from Shannon over at The Hookeraholic Crochet.

The pattern was super easy for even a beginner to work up.  And I'm pleasantly delighted with the final size:  9" x 9" - a great size for getting those big dirty jobs done!!


I used I Love This Cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby to make the washcloths that were ordered, with some scraps of Peaches & Cream that I had on hand to make them two-tone.  Shannon included simple, easy-to-understand instructions on how to work the them up in two colors if desired. 

I can say that I found only one thing I did not like about the pattern - there was no gauge.  I get that it's a dishcloth so the final size isn't really an issue, but I would have preferred to know what size the recommended hook was going to work up before starting.  In the end, the size isn't an issue, but for those who crochet super tight, it could become an issue.

If you're interested in trying out this pattern, you can get your own copy for free here

No comments:

Post a Comment